The Storytelling Feast and Exhibit is a highlight of this year’s Sustenance Festival. This event features... A generous feast featuring local Indigenous,
The Storytelling Feast and Exhibit is a highlight of this year’s Sustenance Festival.
This event features…
- A generous feast featuring local Indigenous, Syrian, Ethiopian, Colombian, Japanese, Chinese, Jewish, and Ugandan foods and traditions from across our city
- Shared recipes, food traditions, and discussion with community storytellers
- Special exhibit and community tables highlighting Vancouver-area food, culture and justice initiative
Registration is limited and based on a first-come first-serve basis.
The feast menu is faithfully adapted from the storytellers’ traditional recipes.
Featured storytellers (and recipes provided by)
- Senaqwila Wyss
- Nihal Elwan
- Hasne Sheikh & Raghda Hassan
- Margaret Mubanda
- Mekdes Gete
- Natividad “Tivi” López
- Mara Shnay
- Atsumi Hashimoto
- Kevin Huang
- Venue has physically accessible doorways for wheelchair access
- Venue has elevator/ramp to access event space
- Venue has physically accessible washrooms
- Venue has gender neutral washrooms
- Snacks and/or drink provided
- Free to attend