Sustenance Festival understands the need for greater support for community groups working on food, arts, and culture initiatives. This fund of $5000 (total) was created for that purpose.
With the fund, we aim to support existing work, seed new ideas, and showcase Vancouver’s arts, culture, and food community with particular priority given to initiatives from underrepresented communities. We also aim to connect groups with resources (space, partners, staff, supplies, etc.) and continue to enhance capacity in the community.
- The fund does not have a deadline and is ongoing until all funds are distributed
- The specifics of the initiative are up to the discretion of the group and can be flexible depending on community need, comfort level, and capacity
- The initiative could be a gathering, event, workshop, ongoing project, or an idea you’d like to
- We encourage initiatives that demonstrate collaboration and cultural sharing
- Initiatives can be funded up to $500
- There may be opportunities to showcase your initiative at a larger year-end event and this can be worked out with Park Board staff
- The initiative should in some way relate to food, arts, and/or culture
- Sustenance Festival intends to keep improving its support for community groups so we would like feedback at the end of your project
- Priority will be given to initiatives from underrepresented communities
How to Access Funding:
Tell us about the initiative and the amount of money you need (up to $500).
You can either:
- Fill out the back of this application form and email it to: email@example.com
- Fill out the back of this application form and mail or drop it off at:
- Attention: Brenda Racanelli, Strathcona Community Centre (front desk), 601 Keefer St, Vancouver, BC V6A 3V8
- Call and tell us about your initiative over the phone: 604-713-1845