Sustenance Festival recognizes the need for greater support for community groups working on food, arts, and culture initiatives. This fund of $5000 (total) was created for that purpose.
The Sustenance Festival Community Fund aims to support existing work, seed new ideas, and showcase arts, culture, and food community in Vancouver. This fund will give priority to initiatives led by and for underrepresented communities. It aims to connect groups with resources (space, partners, staff, supplies, etc.) and continue building community capacity.
- The fund does not have a deadline and is ongoing until all funds are distributed
- The specifics of the initiative are up to the discretion of the group and can be flexible depending on community need, comfort level, and capacity
- The initiative could be a gathering, event, workshop, ongoing project, or an idea you’d like to develop
- We encourage initiatives that demonstrate collaboration and cultural sharing
- Initiatives can be funded up to $500
- There may be opportunities to showcase your initiative at a larger annual event and this can be worked out with Park Board staff
- The initiative should in some way relate to food, arts, and/or culture
- The initiative must take place within the City of Vancouver
- Priority will be given to initiatives from underrepresented communities
- Successful applicants will be asked for feedback at the end of your project as Sustenance Festival intends to keep improving ways it can support community groups
How to Access Funding:
Tell us about the initiative and the amount of money you need (up to $500).
You can either:
- Download the application form (Word doc), fill it out, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print out the application form (printable PDF), fill it out, and mail/drop it off at:
- Attention: Brenda Racanelli, Strathcona Community Centre (front desk), 601 Keefer St, Vancouver, BC V6A 3V8
- Call and tell us about your initiative over the phone: 604-713-1845